Last revised: May 04, 2013 

Photo Memories Album #1.


Syl Vonderheide

Underwood Honors Syl Vonderheide


(1989) - Underwood School Superintendent Wade Faul announces the renaming of the school gymnasium in honor of Syl Vonderheide, long-time supporter of school and community events.


The Vonderheide Gymnasium

2003 Photo of Vonderheide Gymnasium - Underwood School Vonderheide Gymnasium

Syl Vonderheide

(1977) - Underwood "Comet's" Top Fan

Yearbook Dedication The 1970 edition of the "Comet"
(Underwood High School Yearbook)
was dedicated to Syl Vonderheide
in appreciation of the support and
interest he has always shown UHS
athletic teams.

(1980)  U-Club's first Honorary Member

 
Syl Vonderheide became the first member of the honorary U-Club. The
U-Club will consist of community athletic boosters who show superior
support for high school athletics. The U-Club trophy is presented by
School Principal Wade Faul.


Underwood - A 'Family-Town'


Tommy Rindt, Jerry Vonderheide, Judy Sandberg, Ive Beavers, Fern Mietz, Norma Jongeward, Verna Johnson, Alice Hanson, Syl Vonderheide

1989 Parade
(1989) - Parade Chairman Shorty Preisinger with Parade Marshalls
 Syl Vonderheide and Glen Iverson looking over the previous all-school reunion book

Glen Iverson (1911-2004)

Superintendent (1948-68)
First Administrator of Prairieview Nursing
Home (1968-82)

Minot State Athletic Hall of Fame (1982)
(In recognition for his athletic achievements
in both football and basketball)


(1977) - Plaque of Appreciation from Jaycees

Carl Bader, City Maintenance Engineer, Myron Schell, Jaycees President


(1979) - "CARL BADER HALL"

"CARL BADER HALL"

That's the name that the Underwood City Commission
gave to the new gym and auditorium of the new city
building. Nearly 200 people participated in an
Appreciation Day (November 14, 1979) held for
Bader and his family.

All of  Carl's family (Ron from Bloomington, IN;
Norma from Rice Lake, WI; Dick from Bismarck
and Bette in Underwood) were present when Mayor
Max Guenthner presented Bader with the dedication
plaque to honor his 25 years of working for the
city of Underwood.

CARL and Eldora BADER


Ferdinand Koenig

 
Ferdinand Koenig was born the same year that Underwood was established, 1903.  His father, Jacob, one of three brothers opened Koenig and Sons Store with his grandfather and for the next 40 years was an implements and dry goods business.

The same location later became Von's Clothing. Ferdinand served on the Underwood School Board for many years and in 1956 was named president of the board, a position he held until he retired from the board and farming.

Mr. Koenig was always a busy man who enjoyed his family and his hobby as a rock hound. In the above photo he's cutting an agate rock for mounting. He also served Underwood as the building inspector, and gave much of his time to his church (First Baptist) where he served as secretary.


Percy Evander

Percy joined his parents at Evander's Pharmacy in 1936,
 and operated the store with his wife, Lorraine "Larry"
(Brakke) assisted by Carol Weber. The store was sold to
Earl Chase in 1968 when Percy retired.

Percy was an avid sportsman, and his dog "Pills" was always
with him by a duck slough. He also enjoyed playing the banjo
and played in different bands, including the "Texaco High Hats".
 
(Orville Holtan - trumpet; Eddie Legg - alto sax; Kritch
Krug - tenor sax; Milton Temson - alto sax; Earl Chatman
 - tenor sax; Elmer Remmen - drums and 2nd trumpet;
Mrs. E.J. Hepper - piano).

(1962) - Percy Evander receiving Recognition Award from Rexall Company


(1975) - State Senator Layton Freborg, Bob Boatz


(1977) - George Werre, Mayor Max Guenthner, Shirley Simonson
(1975) - David Schuh and Underwood Fire Chief, George Werre


E-Mail: Ron.Fandrick@verizon.net

Ron Fandrick
2224 Ground Squirrel Dr.
New Port Richey, FL 34655-4029


Last revised: May 04, 2013

Copyright 2010 by RWF2000 Internet Consulting